Here it is, the final part of my fairy-tale town series. It is a special place, especially if you have kids but adults will be entertained as well. Thank you for all the joy, Sant’Angelo di Roccalvecce!
This is a town that clearly knows what it is doing. In 2017 they started with the first 12 murals. For example both Alice in Wonderland and the Little Match Girl were among the first and yet they still seem brand new, as well as Fairies of Avalon and Hansel and Gretel, which are both on display in this final post.
One of the original twelve was also the mural on the left in the photo below which I must repeat because I didn’t get it at the time of posting (in part 4). My caption was:
“I forget my stories. Is the child on the left with the snake and the orange cat already a part of Peter Pan?”
Have a look:
The orange cat is not a cat but a fox… And the rose? The snake? The stars? It’s The Little Prince!
Several new murals are added every year and they have crossed number 40 by now. And this is not the end.
When I passed this blank wall surrounded by all these murals in the end of September, I had a vision. And look, I found this yesterday on their FB site. It’s the same wall! And it’s getting done! I knew it!!
Now I see that there are several murals that I have missed or they weren’t done yet when I was there. The 7 Dalmatians are so cute! Clearly I will have to return. I missed Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves, and I think that Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz wasn’t done yet either when I was there. So many reasons to come back.
And here it is, the final part. Thank you for strolling with me in this wonderful fairy-tale land full of surprises and wonders.
Murals in this series – previous five parts and this one:
- Part 1: Pinocchio (2x), The Bottle Neck, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Part 2: Alice in Wonderland, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Around the World in 80 Days.
- Part 3: The Sword in Stone, The Jungle Book, Toy Soldiers, The Ugly Duckling, Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, The Tree of the Pencils (?).
- Part 4: Little Red Riding Hood, Three Little Pigs, dwarfs, Peter Pan, The Little Prince, Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- Part 5: The Fox and the Grape, A Little Match Girl, Don Quixote (big and small), Thumbelina, Beauty and the Beast, Town Musicians of Bremen.
- This one, part 6: Hansel and Gretel, Pocahontas, Don Quixote (again), Puss in Boots, Fairies of Avalon, Mary Poppins.
For Photographing Public Art Challenge (PPAC) hosted by Cee at Cee’s Photo Challenges
This day in my blogging history